Live Business Studies For XII
An overview on Business Studies
The course has been designed by Mr. R. K. Mahajan who is a renowned author for the books on Business Studies for classes XI & XIII (CBSE and ICSE).
This courses have been developed by India’s Top Most Faculties and cater the need of Concept Clarity and High Scoring simultaneously.
Live Lectures have been designed beautifully in a systematic sequence and in form of Questions and Answers along with well-designed illustration which makes students fall in love with Business Studies.
E-book along with QRT (Quick Revision Techniques) notes are provided with this course.
All the Live Lectures are also available for students 24×7 after the class so that students can revise the class according to his/her own convenience.
About the Instructor
The course structure has been designed by Mr R. K. Mahajan who is renowned author for Modern abc of Business Studies (MBD Group) whose books are recommended throughout India and abroad as well.
Professional Journey: He completed his school education from Delhi, B. Com (H) from Delhi University, B. Ed. & M. Com. from Annamalai University He came into school teaching in 1997 as he joined Mount Saint Mary’s School Delhi Cantt. and left school teaching from Delhi Public School in 2011 to join as Faculty for Educomp. Later, he worked as Joint Manager (Academics) for Smartprep Education Private Limited and presently working as Freelance Author and Subject Consultant for MBD Group in Business Studies and Accountancy for CBSE, ICSE and other State Boards.
Training Programmes: As an author, he has conducted more than 15 teachers’ training programmes and above 50 performance programmes for students across India.
Member: Executive Member of Commerce Teachers’ Association (Delhi), member for several commerce teachers’ associations and subject counsellor for Hindustan Times for students’ helpline during board exams.
Association: He is associated with various authors in accountancy and business studies.
Resource Person: He has been invited at various commerce fests as judge and chief guest.
Subject: XII (Business Studies)
1: Nature and Significance of Management
• Concept includes meaning and features
• Management as Science, Art and Profession
• Levels of Management
• Management functions-planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling
• Coordination- concept and importance
2: Principles of Management
• Principles of Management- concept and significance
• Fayol’s principles of management
• Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques
3: Business Environment
• Business Environment- concept and importance
• Dimensions of Business Environment- Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
• Demonetization – concept and features
• Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalization in India
• Concept, importance and limitation
• Planning process
• Single use and standing plans. Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, method Rule, budget and Programme
• Concept and importance
• Organising Process
• Structure of organisation- functional and divisional concept. Formal and informal organisation- concept
• Delegation: concept, elements and importance
• Decentralization: concept and importance
• Concept and importance of staffing
• Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management concept
• Staffing process
• Recruitment process
• Selection- process
• Training and Development- Concept and importance, Methods of training- on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training
• Concept and importance
• Elements of Directing
• Supervision –concept, function of a supervisor
• Motivation-concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives
• Leadership- concept, styles- authoritative, democratic and laissez faire
• Communication- concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers
• Concept and importance
• Relationship between planning and controlling
• Steps in process of control
9: Financial Management
• Concept, role and objectives of Financial Management
• Financial decisions: investment, financing and dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
• Financial Planning- concept and importance
• Capital Structure- Concept
• Fixed and Working Capital- Concept and factors affecting their requirements
10: Financial Markets • Financial Markets: Concept, Functions and types
• Money market and its instruments
• Capital market and its types (primary and secondary), methods of floatation in the primary market
• Stock Exchange- Functions and trading procedure
• Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions
11: Marketing Management • Selling and Marketing- Concept
• Marketing Management- Concept
• Marketing Functions
• Marketing management philosophies
• Marketing Mix – Concept and elements
• Product – branding, labelling and packaging – Concept
• Price- Concept, Factors determining price
• Physical Distribution – concept and components, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
• Promotion – Concept and elements; advertising concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling-concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion- concept and techniques, public relations- concept and role
12: Consumer Protection • Concept and importance of consumer protection
• Consumer Protection Act 1986:
• Meaning of consumer
• Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint against whom? Redressal machinery
• Remedies available
• Consumer awareness- Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes